September came and went fast. We are now in October and the month is almost gone as well. I would like to update the happenings of the Daines Family.
On September 19, 2009 my "little" sister Kayla got married to a wonderful man - Bret Woodard. It was a wonderful day. Everyone had a good time. I enjoyed taking photos of the event. Here are a few that I liked.
We have been busy getting ready for school events and family activities. We have had 3 school picture days, 2 open houses, and parent/teacher conferences are next week. This means that I have double duty on a couple days. I have to try and schedule my own children's conferences around my student conferences. It is always a fun experience. In evetiablely there is always some parent upset that I took out time to meet with my own child's teacher at the time they decided to show up. I give them a specific time to come, but they usually show up whenever they want. This year will be no different.
The week of October 5-9th, was suppose to be Richard's fall break. He was called to be on a jury. The jury lasted 3 days. So, he got 2 days of rest. He came and spent lunch with me on Friday. He brought me a chocolate cake and a dozen roses for my birthday. We went out to eat at the Olive Garden that night. It was nice. My parents watched the kids so we could go by ourselves.
We went to the Arizona State Fair last night. We went because it was opening night and we could get in for a $1, if we went before 7pm. We were going to see my brother Scott and his wife Jodi's photos along with mine. I had 7 out of the 8 photos that I submitted, being displayed. Photos to follow in a seperated post. We had fun. Grandpa Daines came along with us. We enjoyed the Indian Fry Bread, cotton candy, and other fun treats from the fair. The kids enjoyed the rides and the Budwiser Clydesdale horses. Us adults enjoyed thier excitement and the photos.
1 comment:
We would have liked to go with you guys, but we were busy riding rides of our own and eating fun food too!
Good luck with conferences!
Post a Comment